don't postpone joy

Sunday, January 22, 2006

sunday night

so, this weekend, I went back to my old life.
I sought comfort in the arms of another. twice.
we sat and talked about stuff we'd never said before. we kissed whenever we felt like it. we laughed and drank and had fun. we giggled as we dialed charlotte's number. we went to my house and had different sex than we ever have before. it was sweet. we saw things in a different light. then, my friends' brother went home to his wife and kids.
last night I went out with his sister. unbeknownst to her, the events of friday night...I laughed and danced and went home with Roger with an I. only after we salsa danced to every conceivable type of music a hot club can play, did we go to the den where they serve vodka all night long. in his uncluttered abode, we talked and sang along to Nora Jones tunes. after we slowdanced in his kitchen, we retired to the bed with the egyptian cotton sheets. not your typical torrid hook-up. there was no disappointment in what he saw or what happened between us. drawing me close to his warm skin, I slept with this stranger well into the day.

some time ago, I tried to break my cycle of strange bedfellows. Realizing that there is no comfort once the other person has to go home, I got that something is not always better than nothing. and my affection/attention addiction is not resolved. I am only 8 hours back on the wagon. in all of my transformation and inspiration, i still lose track of me. there are tears in my eyes. i don't want to go to work tomorrow, and I don't want to sleep in my own egyptian cotton sheets alone.
it's been months since I've made the decision not to accept booty calls from my friends' brother; since i decided to honor the instition that has eluded me.
I have stayed home countless weekends, and have made myself unapproachable, so that weekends like this don't happen. because i make myself bad and wrong. even though i am not. what i am is lonesome and wondering. wondering what you think of me. questioning what my life is. who the fuck I am and what difference any of this makes.
sometimes i'm so sure. sometimes i absolutely know i'm living the possibilities the world has to offer. other times not so much. i'm not depressed nor do I feel like I can't make it through another day. i am emotional. there's no full moon, and i'm not starting my period. i wonder if it's because i'm on the brink of discovery. what's to become of me? i'm weary. and did I say lonely? yeah. i'm smart and funny and look great in that black dress. i feel and hurt and give. and give and give and give. sometimes people try and give to me. acceptance is really the issue here. not mine of you. but yours of me. and mostly, mine of me.
my old life is not what i want for my now life or my future life. sometimes it seems like such a comfort. it never really is, though. 's like when i ate out of control two weeks ago. it tasted good, but now my pants don't fit. same thing here. it was fun, but now i'm ashamed to say that's me. again.

9 Comments:

At 22 January, 2006 20:07, Blogger Mistify said...

a weekend no more makes you who you are than it would make me who I am, you know we have something to offer someone YOU just have to believe it long enough for someone else to see it too. I LOVE YOU!!!!

 
At 22 January, 2006 23:00, Blogger Osbasso said...

Damn. Caronfire said all the good stuff. All I can do is just agree...

 
At 22 January, 2006 23:10, Blogger Osbasso said...

How does one get in touch with you?

 
At 23 January, 2006 08:20, Blogger tom said...

Was a sexy read...the thought you and "different" and "sweet" sex. "What is different?," I really wanted to know - knowing it was none of my business.

Then sad. I am sorry you have pain and longing.

You are beautiful and so was that last pic you posted. You know I love it.

 
At 23 January, 2006 09:38, Blogger daisyduke said...

what would i do without you charlotte? no sense in even trying to imagine it.
OS...i left my email addy in your comments today...
sweet different sex, feetman, refers to what it was like to be with him. we are friends. we had honest communication about a lot of things we just never talked about before. it was comfortable because i know we're friends. that's all we'll ever be. and that's ok. and it was different because i told him what works for me, and he paid attention.
thank you for honoring me as you do. it makes a difference in my life~

 
At 24 January, 2006 00:08, Blogger Unknown said...

Quit selling yourself short simply because you do something that afterwards seems wrong to you. Human frailties are a bitch..but we are human..and you can not change that.

 
At 24 January, 2006 10:37, Blogger Kurt said...

i really wanted to comment (comfort) but had nothing. but i clicked anyway and now can only echo dusty. someone told me the other day, "just smile. it feels good." she was right. i hope you can.

 
At 25 January, 2006 11:03, Blogger ~art said...

hey, everyone is human and everyone makes mistakes; just learn and move on. peace~art

 
At 26 January, 2006 17:46, Blogger ~Tim said...

I think we fall into old patterns because they feel easy and... comfortable, even if they aren't what we want any more. Learn from it and move on. (I know well how difficult it is to follow this advice -- I have trouble with old patterns too.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home